Saturday, January 23, 2010

God is AMAZING

You know, I think to myself how I feel so unworthy of God's love. I am amazed that he wants me as his child. I make so many mistakes, I sin, and I can never thank Him enough for all the blessings and love He has given me. It seems so surreal that He sent His son to die on the cross to save me, and you.

I yearn to dive deeper into my relationship with my Lord. It humbles me to see the miraculous things He has done in my life and in so many others' lives.

I pray that I may serve Him with the gifts and the talents that He has given me. Through prayer, I've learned that God does listen...and my relationship with Him is continuously growing stronger. By strengthening my relationship with God, all the other areas of my life are more complete.

I ask for you to please pray with me. Please pray for a decision that Brian and I are working through together. It's nothing bad, no one is sick, we would just really appreciate some additional prayer to give us guidance and clarity on some things. In addition to that, I am going on my first mission trip EVER in 7 weeks. I am elated that I will get to participate in this to serve the WIDOWS and the ORPHANS! Your prayer for this mission would mean a lot to me and the group going. That we may serve God and help in whatever ways that we can.

I also want to share some scripture that I have been studying:

"Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow." Isaiah 1:17

"He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, loves the alien, giving him food and clothing" Deuteronomy 10:18

"He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God." Proverbs 14:31

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27

Isn't our God almightly, powerful, and absolutely positively AMAZING! Lord, lead me to where you want me to serve YOU.

2 comments:

  1. Amen, sister! Love the verses on widows and orphans. Isn't it amazing that God put those together so many times in His Word?

    Praying with the Pratts for clarity and guidance.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! I appreciate your feedback and thoughts in response to what I've written!