Friday, July 2, 2010

Good News!

Today I received a message from a friend that brought tears to my eyes!

I've been planning my next trip to Puerto Lempira, Honduras during Thanksgiving break of this year! I mentioned that I wanted to go back to P.L. in November when we were on our way home from our trip this past Spring Break. Brian said that he also wants to go back but that he would have to wait until Spring Break 2011 so I could go in November and March! His only stipulation was that he would rather have a couple of men travel with me.

The difference this next trip is that we are planning to fly the whole way instead of taking a bus from San Pedro Sula to La Ceiba. I started talking about the planning and sharing the idea with people at church. Several families have expressed interest in joining this trip!

I think that the trip should be booked sometime in August to keep the airline prices lower! The farther in advance we book, the lower the prices should be, right!?

Well, my dear friend Holly, who was also a member of TEAM TEXAS to Honduras during Spring Break 2010 called me today and said that she and her two daughters would be joining me for this trip! I heard the message and started crying because it makes me so thankful that God is providing a group to travel in November!

I am so excited and I can't wait to get the plans finalized! Please be praying with me for this trip and for my very special friends, the Waits family as they are packing up to move in 5 more short weeks! They will be moving to La Ceiba on August 6th to attend language school with their 4 children. They will finally arrive in Puerto Lempira in October and then we will bring them some love from "home" in November!

At this time, there are 12 possible travelers! YIPEE!!!!

If you are interested in joining this trip, let me know! To find out more about the efforts being made in Puerto Lempira, please see www.reachouthonduras.org.

Until next time...

Amy

1 comment:

  1. We are SOOO excited! Cannot wait to see who all will be part of our next team!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! I appreciate your feedback and thoughts in response to what I've written!